Get expert tips on shopping smart during a nationwide sales event.
Brides-to-be still looking for their dream wedding dress may want to attend the fourth annual National Bridal Sale Event taking place July 20th - July 27th with an expected 1,000 locally owned bridal retailers participating across the country. With a number of gowns and accessories marked down, brides, bridesmaids, and wedding guests are encouraged to attend in order to receive substantial savings – some salons are offering up to 80% off. Editors Circle bridal salon Bridal Reflections and The Boutique by B.Belle Events will be participating, along with hundreds of other retailers across the country.
"The National Bridal Sale Event offers an incredible annual opportunity for brides," shares Belle Manjong of The Boutique by B.Belle Events, who is offering 100+ gowns at 50-80% off. "A bride can purchase one of the most self-expressive garments she will ever adorn in her life – without straining the budget." For brides located in or traveling to New York, owner Anthony Micari of Bridal Reflections shares: "This is a wonderful opportunity for the bride to find her dream gown and enjoy special savings. All three of our locations – on Fifth Avenue in New York City and in Carle Place and Massapequa Long Island – will be participating, so brides will be able to shop hundreds of couture dresses."
Just as brides should also do their research before attending regular bridal salon appointments, Belle encourages brides-to-be to do their homework before stepping out to buy. "A bit of leg work prior to the sale not only ensures a pleasant and thrilling experience, [but] it will make light of an experience that can be overwhelming, especially during the frenzy of an annual sale," she adds.
Read the following tips from Belle Manjong of The Boutique by B.Belle Events to make the most of this national event – with many takeaways for non-event-related bridal shopping as well!
- For an assured experience, brides should find one to three boutiques that carry designers, styles, and sizes they're interested in. Contact the shops to inquire whether the gowns of interest will be part of the sale.
- Keep an open mind even when preferred options are not on sale; sometimes the dress of your dreams is a pleasant surprise just on the other side of pre-conceived expectations.
- Also, be sure to confirm with the boutique: 1) whether appointments are required during the sale, and if so, how much time is allotted; 2) whether a bride is limited to the number of guests she can bring with her during the sale, as well as the number of gowns she can try on during the sale; 3) confirm the type and form of payment the boutique will honor; 4) whether discounts are available for cleaning an off-the-rack dress that needs to be refreshed; 5) whether there are associated costs for repairs, and if so, how much; and 6) whether the boutique offers a preview of the sale during which a bride can peruse the racks and pre-identify gowns that peak her interest.
- Steer clear of trying on more than 10-15 gowns total during the entire bridal gown shopping experience. Trying on more than the recommended number of gowns can result in confusion, frustration, and stress that often leads to over-spending.
- Avoid online purchases as sizing and cut in the bridal industry are not standardized. For example, a bride who wears a standard Size 2 may wear a Size 4 or 6, or as much as a Size 12, in bridal sizing depending on the designer's set size guide. The disappointment of receiving an ill-fitting dress, together with being unable to return the purchase for a refund, is not only jarring – it can ruin the entire bridal experience.
"Following these suggestions should help a bride shop for the perfect wedding gown with confidence," shares Belle. "And with the added bonus of finding the ideal dress at a fantastic price." Click here to check listings to find a participating salon near you and to learn more about the weeklong event.