A celebrity wedding planner shares advice you'll want to read!
So much thought is put into the days leading up to your nuptials, but preparing for the morning of your wedding is also of the utmost importance. Setting yourself up for success on one of the most exciting days of your life will ensure you have the best day possible. Getting a good night's sleep is step number one to enjoying a day full of love and mingling with your closest friends and family, but there are also steps you can take the moment you wake up that will guarantee you have a picture-perfect day.
To make sure you are in tip-top shape for your big day, we asked celebrity wedding planner Tessa Brand of Tessa Lyn Events to share her expert advice on the morning of the wedding. Read her tips below!
• Eat breakfast. Don’t skip your breakfast to look slimmer in your dress! It will be a fun – but long – day, so fuel up with some protein first thing in the morning. You’ll need energy to greet all your guests.
• Put your phone away. Unplug from reality and a flood of incoming texts and relax.
• Be prepared. Pack a small purse for the reception with lip gloss, face blotters, and bobby pins. Have your wedding planner stash some comfortable shoes under your table, so you can enjoy the dance floor.
• Get photo-ready. Lay out your wedding invitation, rings, bridal jewelry, garter, and keepsakes that you want your photographer to capture.
• Start fresh. Your hairstylist will want your hair to be clean and dry, so start the day with a hot shower and killer blowout.
• Prep your skin. Makeup artists almost always request a clean, moisturized face. Avoid moisturizers with sunscreen, which can give you a ghost effect in your photos.
• Stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water so you are properly hydrated for the Champagne toasts that await you, and avoid a nasty headache.
• Plan ahead. Prepare a bag for after the wedding. Are you going to an after-party? Pack a small bag with your ID, wallet, room key, phone, comfortable shoes, etc. Your maid of honor or wedding planner can be in charge of making sure you have it at the end of the night.