Getting married far from home? Here's what to bring!
Getting married in the same city where you live is obviously convenient for the planning process, but it also comes in handy the morning of your wedding. Even if you get ready in a bridal suite, there is the knowledge that you or a loved one could run home if you forgot something crucial to the day. However, if you’re getting married in your (or your future spouse’s) hometown or having a destination wedding, you have to carefully plan out what you need several days before in order to pack.
Photo by Wendy Laurel; Planning & Design by Unveiled Hawaii
If we know anything about wedding planning, it’s that there is nothing quite as useful as a solid checklist. That’s why we’ve supplied the below to help you prepare before traveling to tie the knot!
Note: if possible due to having family or friends near where you are getting married, bring some of these items with you in advance when/if you visit, whether for a personal call or to meet with vendors. That’ll save you time and hassle when you’re ready to travel before your wedding!
- Bridal gown, shoes, and accessories, of course. That probably goes without saying.
- Outfits for the rehearsal dinner – and brunch if you’re having one. Even if you’re not having a morning-after brunch, you’ll still need something to wear the next day! Depending on how many days you’ll be in the location, a few different styles of clothes will come in handy.
- Gifts for the wedding party. Whatever offerings you have for bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, flower girls, and ring bearers will probably be handed out at the rehearsal dinner or morning of the wedding.
- Any DIY décor items you’ve been working on at home.
- Welcome bags for out-of-town guests if you’re providing them, unless you ordered them from a company like The Welcome Bag Committee and had them delivered to your site.
- Emergency kits. If you arrive to your location several days in advance, you may be able to put these together once you’re there. If you’re only getting there the day before, you’ll likely be too busy.
- Luggage packed with everything you need for your honeymoon, should you choose to depart from the city that hosts your nuptials.