The Welcome Bag Committee shares advice for providing your loved ones with great gifts.
One of the biggest wedding trends we've seen in recent years has been the welcome gift bag. Popularized by couples hosting destination weddings but useful even for hometown celebrations, more and more brides and grooms are surprising their loved ones with gift bags filled with sweet treats, snacks, a weekend itinerary, city guide, and more to ensure those who have traveled for their fête feel welcome and appreciated.
Wedding designer Jordan Payne of Jordan Payne Events, who has planned some of the beautiful events featured in Inside Weddings, saw a need for a bridal service that created stylish welcome bags for wedding guests. With this trend becoming more commonplace, Payne has launched The Welcome Bag Committee, which provides a variety of styled collections that focus on some of the most popular wedding themes. She's also created a number of "Will you be my..." gifts that takes the stress out of popping the question to your prospective bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, etc., along with gifting options for birthdays, bachelorette parties, and more.
Photo courtesy of The Welcome Bag Committee
Whether you're building the bags yourself or hiring a professional, we asked Jordan Payne of The Welcome Bag Committee to share her top five tips for providing welcome bags at your wedding with us. See her advice below!
1. Select products that represent you and your fiancé! You can even provide a card that details why you selected each item.
2. It is lovely when all the products coordinate with your color palette, providing some serious visual eye candy. This also makes for beautiful photos!
3. Choose a versatile bag that can be used for many years by your guests. A beach bag or tote are very popular options with The Welcome Bag Committee’s clients!
4. Try and choose from these recommended categories: a foundation piece like a bag or box, items that are both sweet and salty, bath and body products, and a fun piece like a customized tumbler or some chic sunglasses!
5. Hire a company that has a reputable background in design. Designers have ideas that are not always seen by everyone and can source items that may not be available to others. Also, hiring a professional ensures you will end up with welcome bags that are creative and unique since they will likely be very experienced with custom designs.
Take a look at some of The Welcome Bag Committee's popular styles, below!
Photos courtesy of The Welcome Bag Committee