Create an alfresco ambience even when there is a roof overhead.
Wedding trends will always come and go, but one that is currently very popular is the outdoorsy, natural look. It makes sense – there is so much beauty in the world, and there is definitely a romantic feeling to expressing your love while surrounded by a garden or forest. However, that is unfortunately not a realistic option for every couple that desires such an aesthetic for their big day. It may be more practical to get married in an urban area, the weather might be too unpredictable, or accessibility for older guests may be a concern. Even if you live or are getting tying the know somewhere with pleasant weather in the winter, the early sunsets might make an alfresco celebration undesirable. The good news is, even if you can’t have your event outside, you can still recreate the feeling of the outdoors in a ballroom, or any indoor space!
- Trees. A popular option we’ve seen many couples use is having trees brought in as their décor. If actual growing trees aren’t an option, they can be created out of branches and greenery, forming jaw-dropping centerpieces.
- Ceiling installations. Plenty of indoor weddings have an abundance of florals and verdure, but by adding those elements above the heads of your attendees, everyone will feel properly surrounded by nature.
- Garland runners. Instead of flowers displayed on vases or stands, a low arrangement directly on the table will made guests feel like they’re eating along a blossom-lined path.
- Stump slabs. A slice of wood from a tree trunk can be used to display your cake, candles, card box, and so much more – all while creating the feeling of being at a cabin in the woods.
- Boxwood wall. Instead of a glamorous flower wall, use boxwood hedges for your backdrops and it will be as if you’re inside a garden maze.
- Unstructured florals. While carefully curated bouquets and centerpieces have their own style of beauty, if you want a more natural look it’s best to embrace wildflowers and less common blossoms of varying textures to be loosely gathered.