Simplify Your Wedding Using Q-Tips and Cotton Swabs
Any bride or groom in the throes of planning will – at some point – scour the web to find easier ways to go about the whole wedding planning process. Sometimes, opting to spend a little extra on helpful products assured to assist with your nuptials is necessary; but other times, you needn't look farther than your own medicine cabinet. Most of us have a box of Q-tips or cotton swabs tucked away in a drawer somewhere: it’s about time those nifty little items came in handy on your big day!
Here are some ways in which you can use Q-tips and cotton swabs for common wedding problems:
- Give yourself a quick manicure or pedicure. From engagement to honeymoon, you never know when your hand – namely, your ring – will be the subject of an impromptu photo shoot. You can use a swab to dip into coconut oil and coat your cuticles to soften skin and prevent cracks. After you paint, you can dip a small Q-tip in nail polish remover to clean up any excess polish on the skin. Bonus tip: create a new color altogether by crushing your favorite hue of eye shadow with a swab and mixing it with any other polish!
- Remove scuffs from your high heels. Chances are, you’re going to be wearing a good amount of high heels throughout your wedding events, and these shoes have a tendency to scuff easily. If this happens, dip a Q-tip into some petroleum jelly to buff out any unwanted marks quickly.
- Intricately detail invitations or DIY elements. For any painted or written items you or someone you know is creating for the big day, use a cotton swab to edit by placing a stencil on top of your desired paper product, then dot glue inside of the stencil with the Q-tip to spread it around evenly. You can spread any loose material onto the dots of glue as well, and clean up the edges once you’re finished.
- Conceal under-eye bags. There’s a chance you’ll lose some sleep during this time period, so banish any under-eye bags by dampening a cotton swab with water, placing it in a plastic bag and into the refrigerator for ten minutes, and situating the bag under your eyes to reduce puffiness. This process is helpful and very relaxing! Bonus tip: Q-tips can also be kept on-hand for quick makeup fixes that are bound to arise during your event.
- Prevent any jewelry you’re transporting from tangling. Whether your necklaces and bracelets needs to be shuttled from your home to the venue, or even when you’re packing for your honeymoon, you can wrap the chains around Q-tips to prevent them from tying themselves up in your bag. This way, you don’t need to spend any extra time trying to unknot before your tie your own!
For more helpful wedding hacks, click here. To get inspiration from real newlyweds, check out our real weddings and follow Inside Weddings on Pinterest!
Opening photo by Daniel Kincaid Photography