Is it worth traveling for picture-perfect engagement photos?
Once you and your future spouse have decided to have an engagement session, there are plenty of other decisions about the photo shoot to make. While you may be preoccupied about what to wear, the location of the e-session is also important. The obvious choice is to have the portraits taken in the city where you live, but that’s not the only option. Destination engagement shoots are becoming increasingly popular. The obvious downside is expense, as traveling in order to take part in a photo shoot will seem extravagant to some people. However, there are other reasons couples might feel this is the right choice for them.
Read below to see why you might go afar for your photos and determine whether it’s the right choice for you and your beloved.
- If you were hoping to have a destination wedding, but it isn’t feasible due to the expected guest list or other factors, getting engagement photos in your dream location can be the perfect compromise.
- For couples who have recently moved, their current city may not feel like home. Traveling to a place that does may provide more of a personal touch to the e-session.
- Weddings with a theme such as “Parisian Romance” can be alluded to with a photo shoot in the location that inspired the aesthetic. This is an especially good reason if you plan to use engagement pictures for your save the dates, as these help to set the tone for the big day.
- Journeying to a city or country that shares an important memory can help make your pictures special. Did you meet while traveling or studying abroad? Was your first trip together when you realized that your relationship was meant to last?
- Proposing on vacation is common. You could take engagement photos right after, or travel back to the destination of the proposal for an extra sweet element.
- Who doesn’t want an excuse to go on vacation?