There are many reasons to want to pack light for a honeymoon – or any big trip. Airlines always seem to be increasing the cost of luggage, it’s difficult to carry several suitcases if you’re not going straight to a hotel, and there’s the danger of losing said luggage on the plane. However, just because you want to pack light doesn’t mean it’s easy to do so. After all, many honeymoons are about two weeks long, which is a lot of days to fit into one carry-on bag. Tropical vacations tend to be the easiest, as you’ll mostly be wearing swimsuits and cover-ups, which don’t take a lot of space; however, packing light is possible for other trips as well. Read our tips below to see how it can be done!
- Embrace dresses. Since one piece makes for an entire outfit, packing dresses take up less room than sets of shirts, pants, and skirts.
- Utilize your personal bag. Carry a tote or backpack with you on the plane with a few essentials in order to make more room in your carry-on.
- Accessorize wisely. Belts, scarves, tights, and even jewelry can give different clothes – such as a little black dress – a whole new look, which allows you to rewear a base outfit without feeling repetitive.
- Wear bulky pieces on the plane. A large coat or your favorite boots will always take up a lot of room in a suitcase, but you can save space by wearing these items on your travel days.
- Limit your shoe options. You don’t need your whole closet on your honeymoon. Make sure you have proper walking shoes, and then a secondary pair depending on the kind of trip you’ll have. A nice pair of sandals works for the beach as well as a fancier dinner.
- Choose your beauty basics. There’s nothing wrong will wanting to maintain a makeup routine on vacation, but stick to palettes that work with everything, so you don’t have to bring something for every outfit.
- Bring versatile items. Remember when fashion magazines would show how one piece of clothing could be worn five different ways? Embrace that philosophy while packing and choose items that can be mixed and matched with others.
- Do laundry. Whether you find a local laundromat or take advantage of the laundry service at a resort, washing your clothes during your trip means you will not have to pack as much.