Help guarantee that it's your best trip ever!
If your wedding is supposed to be the best day of your life, your honeymoon should be the best week(s). After months spent planning your nuptials and the vacation that follows, it’s time to finally relax and enjoy your introduction to married life. As everyone might have different goals and desires for their trip, advising people on what they should do for their honeymoon isn’t always useful. Some couples will want to explore a location where they’ve never been, while others just want to lay out by the pool at a comfortable resort. However, there are still plenty of things people should avoid in order to fully enjoy their honeymoon.
Photo by Wendy Laurel; Planning & Design by Unveiled Hawaii
- Over packing. You will not need as many outfits as you think you do, especially if many of your days are spent in a swimsuit.
- Staying glued to social media. It’s understandable to want to share pictures and memories from your trip, but you’re better off saving your updates until you get home. At least it gives you something to do while waiting at the airport!
- Stay in one spot. As much as you want to relax, you shouldn’t just stay in your room or on a beach chair for the whole vacation. If you are only having a mini-moon, you can get away with this, but don’t be afraid to spice things up for a longer trip.
- Plan every detail. You just got done planning everything. While you should have some activities scheduled – especially tourist destinations that book up fast – don’t feel like you need to have every hour of your honeymoon mapped out.
- Choose family-friendly resorts. Assuming you’re not bringing your own little ones then it’s best to choose properties that are geared towards adults and romance, so that pool time isn’t full of children.
- Being too frugal. Of course staying on budget is important for many newlyweds, but as long as it’s within reason. Sometimes you have to just embrace the once-in-a-lifetime experience and splurge on experiences that are meaningful to you.