When it comes to looking and feeling your best on the big day, making sure you're taking the right steps during the months leading up to the wedding will be crucial. While many brides choose to go through excessive bridal boot camps and skincare treatments, just following five simple steps can do the trick.
Take a look at the tips below to ensure your pre-wedding beauty routine is easy and effective:
1. Eat well. It goes without saying that diet is a major factor in feeling energized for wedding-related appointments and looking great on the day of. While you shouldn't deprive yourself of what you love, making sure you're eating lean, clean, and green meals will make a big difference!
2. Get plenty of sleep. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep per night. Although it may be difficult to not do wedding research up until you go to bed, do your best to put away screens and decompress prior to hitting the hay.
3. Drink water. Drinking water will obviously keep you hydrated but drinking plenty of water will keep your skin looking youthful and fresh. In fact, many skincare experts agree that drinking water helps to minimize pores and eliminate under-eye darkness.
4. Wash your face. Keep skin clean and clear by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and warm water. For a spa-like sensation, rinse with cool water and dry with a clean towel.
5. Exercise. To stay healthy and fit before the wedding as well as create a positive routine to follow after the nuptials, be sure to exercise a few times per week. A cardio or HIIT workout will burn fat and ease stress, while a yoga routine will provide a positive mentality and help create lean and lengthened muscles for a beautiful bridal look.
For more ideas, discover 10 beauty products we're loving this season, read these wellness tips to help destress before the big day, get expert advice from Jillian Michaels on getting fit for the wedding, and find out what healthy habits you should start after you get engaged!