As a groom, you want to look and feel your best on your big day. That being said, it's important to be prepared with a list of essential items you and your side of the bridal party will need come your wedding. Even if your memory – or your best man’s – tends to be quite sharp, the excitement and stress of your nuptials has been known to create many a forgetful groom/bride, so jotting down everything you and your groomsmen need when you have a clear head is recommended.
Even if you’re getting ready in your own house, you may accidentally run out the door without an item. To help you gather the men’s necessities, we’ve created a short list of must-haves to have at the ready for the morning of your ceremony.
- Formal attire (jacket, dress shirt, dress pants, ties, etc.)
- Dress shoes
- Dress socks, plus a few extra pairs
- Cuff links for all the men
- Shaving kit(s) for touch-ups
- All necessary hair products and tools (gels, sprays, etc.)
- Breath mints
- Small, portable clothing steamer
- Handkerchief/tissues (just in case!)
- Groom’s vows, plus a copy
- Rings, plus their carrier (if that’s your – or best man’s – responsibility)
- Each guy’s cellphone, plus headphones or speakers to listen to music
- Snacks for all of the men, plus water bottles/canteens
- A few beers or small shots of each guy’s preferred beverage (one or two each) to be had sparingly to calm the nerves
- Marriage license (if that’s your responsibility)
Once you’ve located these items and successfully plotted out their transportation, you should be ready to go! If you’re looking to elevate your wedding-day ensemble, consider these stylish & functional options from Tommy John and The Art of Shaving.