Whether or not you're traveling this season, experience island time from home with the recipes from popular tropical cocktails served at Sandals Resorts in the Caribbean!
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
Even if there are months or even years between now and your future honeymoon, we encourage couples to live a part of each day as if they're on vacation. After all, you're getting married – or you're already married – and that is something to celebrate.
Particularly for couples headed to the Caribbean, tropical drinks – made with fresh ingredients and even fresh-pressed juices like orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and more – are one of the highlights of the trip. From sipping frozen cocktails by the bar to enjoying shaken drinks with crushed ice topped with fresh mint by the beach, there's nothing like being on vacation with the one you love and enjoying a tropical drink in the sun.
At a time when everyone's travel plans vary, making a delicious tropical drink at home can get anyone in the vacation mood. We asked Sandals Resorts what their guests' favorite tropical drinks are, and they're not only sharing the findings – but also the cocktail recipes! Until you head to the luxury all-inclusive resort, try these tropical drink recipes at home!
A favorite cocktail of Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean, Sandals South Coast, Sandals Ochi, Sandals Negril, Sandals Royal Plantation, Sandals Royal Barbados, and Sandals Emerald Bay guests.
Smooth, delicious and totally tropical, a Dirty Banana is one of those cocktails that rarely, if ever, disappoints. It is definitely that drink you want at hand if you’re relaxing poolside, taking in a stunning island sunset, or even just relaxing at home.
- 1.0 oz. Dark Rum
- 1.0 oz. Crème de Cacao Dark
- 3.0 oz. Milk
- 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 Banana
1. Get your blender ready, add some ice and toss in the other ingredients.
2. Blend until your mixture is smooth (about 30 seconds).
3. Pour into a cocktail glass, garnish with a pineapple wedge, and voila!
If you like cocktails that are pleasantly surprising a Hummingbird cocktail may be worth your while. With rum cream, Appleton, and hints of banana and other tropical elements, this is one cocktail that’s worth mastering and recreating over, and over, and over again!
- 1.5 oz. Appleton Special
- 1.5 oz. Rum Cream
- 0.5 oz. Crème de Cacao Dark
- 0.5 oz. Grenadine
- 1 Banana
1. Set up your blender then add ice and other increments. The goal is a smooth consistency, so blend for about 30 seconds.
2. Pour your mixture into a tall cocktail glass, garnish with a cherry, and serve.
A favorite cocktail of Sandals Halcyon Beach, Sandals Grenada, Sandals Grande Antigua & Sandals Barbados guests.
Creamy and delicious, a BBC cocktail is the perfect drink to get addicted to while the time ticks on to your next vacation. This drink is great to throw together for a date night, or even for a pre- vacation celebratory cocktail!
- 1.0 oz. Irish Cream
- 1.0 oz. Appleton Estate Rum
- 1.0 oz. Banana Liqueur
- 1 Banana 3.0 oz. Piña Colada Mix
1. Use your blender to mix the ingredients and ice for a smooth consistency. This usually takes about 30 seconds.
2. When you’re done blending, pour your drink into a cocktail glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
3. Relax and enjoy!
Latitudes Over-The-Water Bar at Sandals South Coast in Jamaica. A similar bar can be found at Sandals Montego Bay. Photo courtesy of Sandals Resorts
A favorite cocktail of Sandals Regency La Toc guests.
The Frozen Bob Marley is a household name in Jamaica and throughout the globe. If you’re planning a Caribbean vacation, then it’s a good idea to start with this cocktail with his namesake which will quickly have you falling into island rhythm and jammin’ to the beat.
- 2.0 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
- 2.0 oz. Mango Daiquiri Mix
- 2.0 oz. Appleton Gold Rum
- 1.0 oz. Blue Curaçao Liqueur
1. Set up your blender and gather all your ingredients along with some ice. Blend strawberry daiquiri and ice until mixture is slushy. Add to your cocktail glass to make the first layer of your cocktail.
2. Blend mango daiquiri with ice until slushy. Pour/scoop half of the mango mixture into your glass for the second layer. Do not stir.
3. Put Blue Curaçao into the other half of the mango mixture. This will cause your mixture to turn green. Place the mango mixture into your glass as the third cocktail layer. Do not stir.
4. You can add more rum to the top of your cocktail layers as a float, but this is optional. Add rum to taste.
5. Garnish with fresh fruit and serve.
A favorite cocktail of Sandals Royal Bahamian guests.
Miami Vice cocktails are a sure way to spice things up on a Caribbean vacation. This cocktail is a top choice of Sandals guests and with a first taste, you’ll quickly see why. Ahead of your vacation or even after, perfect and enjoy this delectable drink.
- 1.5 oz. Appleton White Rum
- 2.0 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
- 0.5 oz. Lime Juice
- 1.5 oz. Dark Rum
- 2.0 oz. Piña Colada Mix
- 0.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
1. Set up your blender and gather all your ingredients along with some ice. Blend the strawberry daiquiri mix with the Appleton white rum, lime juice and ice until mixture is slushy. Set mixture aside in a mixing glass.
2. Blend the Piña Colada mix with the dark rum, pineapple juice and ice until mixture is slushy.
3. Pour both mixtures in one cocktail glass. Do not stir.
4. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve.
If you look hard enough, there are plenty of things in life worth smiling about, and the Jamaican Smile cocktail will definitely be one of those if you get the recipe right. This drink is a top choice for ‘rum therapy’ sessions — even better if you get to try it on warm Caribbean shores.
- 1.0 oz. Rum Cream
- 0.5 oz. Grenadine
- 1.0 oz. Coconut Cream
- 1.5 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1 Banana
1. Mix half of Appleton V/X Rum and Coconut Cream with ice in the blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer your mixture into your desired cocktail glass.
3. Rinse blender. Add some more ice, Grenadine and the rest of the rum.
4. Put the blender on a high speed and mix until smooth. Pour into your cocktail glass.
5. You can add some rum cream on top of your cocktail (optional) as a float. Garnish with fruit (preferably a pineapple slice) and enjoy!
There’s nothing dull or cold about this cocktail, but it will definitely cause the laughter to rain down as you sink into a more peaceful frame of mind with every sip. This is one of those cocktails that really will cause you to slow down for a minute and appreciate every little thing, every little song, and every moment spent in an island paradise if you’re lucky!
- 1.5 oz. Appleton Estate V/X
- 1 splash Blue Curaçao Liqueur
- 1 splash Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1 splash Soda Water
- 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
1. Take your gin and put it into a highball glass with ice. Top with cranberry juice.
2. Add Blue Curaçao, sweet and sour mix and soda.
3. Shake your glass gently then add more Blue Curaçao. The goal is for your mixture to turn a neat royal purple color. When this happens, garnish if desired, and serve.
The swim-up bar at Sandals Regency La Toc, set on a half-mile, crescent-shaped beach, cradling exotic coral bluffs, lush hillsides and rolling fairways. Photo courtesy of Sandals Resorts
You don’t need to be a professional bartender to create amazing cocktails. With the right bar tools everyone can make these amazing Sandals cocktails from their home. Here are some of the bartending essentials worth investing in for the perfect cocktail at home:
For more travel and honeymoon ideas, find out more about a honeymoon in Turks & Caicos, discover all-inclusive resorts for destination weddings in the Caribbean, and learn how to prepare for your honeymoon!