Checklists are vital for every important event in our lives. Writing tasks down is a learned habit that helps us to compartmentalize and organize so that we’re the most efficient we can be. Of course, the system isn’t always foolproof: we can unintentionally leave things off of our lists, and more often than not, there’s always something we forget.
For your big day, the key is to cut down the amount of items and to-dos we fail to remember – and the best way to achieve this is to have an expert wedding planner by your side. Celebrity event coordinator, Editors Circle member, and Wedding Paper Divas Style partner Mindy Weiss knows all too well that brides and grooms will likely make a few mistakes when it comes to planning. She’s put together a list of seven details many couples seem to forget. Ladies and gentlemen, grab your pens and some paper and take note!
7 Things Many Couples Forget During Planning, According to Mindy Weiss:
1. Picture-Worthy Lighting – I highly recommend more natural or amber-toned lighting… you don’t want to look blue in all of your Instagram shots!
2. Great Sound – In the case of your wedding, surround sound works far better than traditional speakers do.
3. Providing Wi-Fi – Especially if you want that custom Snapchat filter to work.
4. Phone Chargers – Have a few phone chargers available for you and the wedding party, just in case!
5. Back-Up Shoes – You’ll be on your feet for hours taking photos, dancing, and interacting with your nearest and dearest, so have a pair of more comfortable flats to swap out for your high heels.
6. Parking – Don’t forget to arrange for vehicle placement, especially in nontraditional or off-site venues.
7. Photographing Your Invitations – Assign someone to bring along a few copies of the invite suite for the photographer – you’ll be glad you have some great shots of these sentimental pieces!
Opening photo by Vue Photography