A handy to-do list for when the big day is only a week away.
Congratulations, you’re in the home stretch! There’s only one more week until the big day, so surely wedding planning is all done, right? Not quite, unfortunately. Much like packing for a big trip (perhaps even a honeymoon), there are just some things that have to wait until what feels like the last minute, as doing it ahead of time isn’t practical. This is when a professional wedding planner can be crucial, but there are always a few little things that you need to take care of yourself.
If your wedding date is fast approaching and you feel overwhelmed with the tasks that remain ahead, keep the below to-do list handy so you don’t forget anything!
- Put all of your accessories in one box or bag so you don't leave any behind.
- Break in your bridal shoes if you haven't already. You don’t want blisters on the big day!
- Try on your entire ensemble to make sure you're happy with the final look.
- Create a phone list for the wedding party, since they might not all know each other, and do the same for your vendors.
- Call anyone who hasn't sent in an RSVP card, so you can provide a final head count to your venue and caterer.
- Prepare cash tips for your vendors, and settle any final payments that may remain.
- Pack for your wedding night and honeymoon.
- Check in with your wedding planner and other vendors; have an itinerary ready.
- Get a manicure and pedicure a couple of days before.
- Finalize your seating chart and finish your escort cards if they are DIY.
- Prepare an emergency kit for you and your bridesmaids.
- Wrap gifts for family members and the wedding party.
- Get plenty of sleep each night, eat healthy, and drink lots of water.
- Practice reading your vows out loud.
- Assign someone to make sure your cards, gifts, and guest book make it home.
- Spend some quality time with your soon-to-be spouse!