Show your love... without showing up!
While the engagement period is generally a time for couples to connect, bond, and embrace their love for one another, bachelor and bachelorette parties are another story. Though boundaries are hopefully adhered to, both brides and grooms enjoy using these excursions to have fun with their friends and not focus on their relationships. Some couples even promise not to communicate with each other while they have their respective parties. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t love each other, so it’s natural that you may want to do something special to surprise your future spouse. We’re not suggesting that you actually show up to the occasion – even if your beloved is happy to see you, this will likely come across as clingy or even controlling, assuming you didn’t arrange a joint party together. Instead, consider arranging a special treat or coordinating with one of the attendees to deliver a gift!
Below are some suggestions of what you can do:
- Find out what hotel or private home he is staying at and have a gift basket of his favorite beverages and snacks delivered. Don’t forget the hangover cure!
- Upgrade his accommodations and/or flight so he can travel in style and luxury.
- Order a round of shots at the bar they will inevitably wind up at. If you don’t know the itinerary for the evening, reach out to the best man so you know when and where to call in the order.
- Not every bride is okay with strip clubs – and that’s okay – but if you are, you can arrange for the club to pull him on stage for a lap dance or even just hide cash in his bag to use for tips!
- Odds are the group of guys is planning to simply use rideshare services for the night or weekend. Hire a limo or even a party bus to take your groom and his best pals around to their destinations.