As bachelorette parties become more extravagant, the guest list can sometimes grow along with the budget. For some, it’s a case of the more the merrier. However, before sending out those invites, you should evaluate if that’s the type of event you truly want to have. Of course, if you have a big group of bridesmaids, you’re pretty much guaranteed to have more people at your bachelorette party. If you have a smaller bridal party, it’s up to you to consider if you’d like to add more friends to the event. As with just about every decision, there are pros and cons to consider.
Photo by Laurie Bailey Photography
- Less exclusion of friends. Perhaps having a dozen bridesmaids wasn’t your style, but you have a large group of friends that you still want to celebrate with in the months, weeks, or days leading up to your big day. Inviting additional gal pals to your bachelorette could soften the blow of not being by your side during the ceremony.
- Higher energy levels. With a bigger group, there’s less of a chance that things will lag if a couple people get tired. This might not be an issue for a relaxing spa weekend, but if you’re partying on the Vegas strip you’ll want your group energized.
- Spread the financial burden. Though some costs will be on a per-person basis, there are some aspects of the celebration that can benefit by more people chipping in, which can makes things easier on your maid of honor and bridesmaids.
- Harder to organize. The more people involved, the more schedules and interests to juggle. If it’s important to have as many people attend as possible, it can be hard to find a date and location that works for everyone.
- More personalities to clash. Unless the whole group is made up of your sorority sisters and everyone is super close, there is a chance that there will be at least a couple people who don’t get along. If they’re mature it shouldn’t be a problem, but if either have a tendency to cause drama it could be an issue.
- Not as personal. Just as with weddings, if you have a lot of guests you might not be able to get as much one-on-one time as you may like. If you’re hoping to truly bond with your besties, it might not be as easy if there are a couple dozen of them.