When it comes to gifting your nearest and dearest with tokens of gratitude for their participation in your big day, the list usually consists of your bridesmaids, both mothers, and sometimes even the groom himself. One helper you may accidentally overlook, however, is your flower girl. Whether she is your niece, your best friend’s daughter, or related to your future spouse, this precious little gal deserves some small favor for her assistance and enthusiasm. But what to get her?
We realize it’s easy to get stuck on what she might like, so we put together a list of items perfect for any hardworking flower girl.
If she’s an infant to two years old:
You may have a bridesmaid carrying her or pulling her down the aisle in a wagon, but that doesn’t mean you need to overlook her gift!
- Personalized baby items, including pacifiers, blankets, and blocks, with her name emblazoned on each. (Talk with parents to see what she might need.)
- A piece of her dress preserved in a shadow box as a keepsake to look back on when she’s older.
- A wedding-themed stuffed animal (a teddy bear in a flower girl dress that resembles her own, for example).
If she’s three to five years old:
She might appreciate a small trinket that helps her feel included in the wedding party.
- A picture book/coloring booklet about being a flower girl to help her learn as well as keep her entertained!
- A headband to match her gown on the day – perhaps something that matches the material of your own dress to show its importance.
- A doll or figurine themed for her favorite story, movie, or show wearing a dress similar to her flower girl frock.
If she’s six to eight years old:
She’s aware of the importance of her role and deserves to be thanked for her dedication to the task.
- A special necklace, bracelet, or ring with her initial and/or a symbol that she values (her favorite animal, a star, etc.).
- A custom tote bag with her name for her to carry her personal items in – perhaps one similar to the custom gifts for your bridesmaids.
- A cute t-shirt with her title branded across, maybe including her favorite color and an animated girl created in her likeness.
If she’s nine+ years old:
She may be bordering on “junior bridesmaid” age, so getting her a present that makes her feel mature is a great idea.
- A disposable camera, giving her the fun, extra task of capturing the day from her perspective or to take home to play around with friends!
- A dress and/or accessories that match the bridesmaids' ensembles, helping her to feel connected to the older ladies of the wedding party.
- A flower girl kit, which includes little emergency items, hair clips, nail polish, gum, and more.
Opening photo by Braedon Photography