After months or even years of planning, your wedding day is when everything should be put together. There are only a few things that would be worse than realizing you’ve forgotten something that will help you on the day of your ceremony, and hopefully you don’t need any reminders about your true necessities – such as your ensemble, rings, and marriage license. However, there are some other must-haves that will be great to have during the getting-ready process.
Discover seven things you'll want to have on hand while you get ready for your wedding:
- Plenty of snacks. Hair and makeup usually starts in the morning, so even if you have breakfast, there will still be a long way to go before your reception dinner. Snacks, and perhaps even a complete lunch, are important so you and your wedding party aren’t feeling cranky or faint during the ceremony.
- Something to calm your nerves. From mimosas to scented candles, whatever you need to relax will make sure your smiling face in photos reflects how you are really feeling before you say "I do" to your beloved.
- A fun playlist. Music always helps to set the mood. Get everyone’s energy up with some playful – and perhaps love-themed – tunes. Listen to a getting-ready playlist here.
- Beverages with straws. Disposable plastic straws may be out of vogue for the environmentally conscious, but there are plenty of reusable and eco-friendly options that will help you and your bridesmaids stay hydrated while also avoiding messing up your lipstick.
- Loungewear. You aren’t going to spend the whole morning in your dress, so you’ll need something comfy to wear that won’t leave lines on your body. Robes or pajamas are popular choices!
- Fabric steamer. Should your or someone else’s dress end up being unexpectedly wrinkled, you’ll be relieved you have it. Counting on a hotel room iron can be risky! This handheld steamer and travel-sized fabric steamer may be helpful, especially for an out-of-state event.
- Personal space. As much as you might love having your mom and best gal pals around while getting ready for your big day, sometimes the amount of people can be overwhelming. Make sure your bridal suite includes somewhere where you can take a few moments for yourself.
For more ideas, find out what you need to discuss before you start wedding planning, discover which planning tasks can be completed quickly, and get expert advice from the nation's top wedding professionals.