While weddings are always thought of as a joyous occasion and guests audibly squeal with delight in having received an invitation, make it even merrier by hosting an elegant affair on New Year's Eve.
Most people have high hopes for this celebrated night, so why not make those magical wishes come to life with promises of gorgeous décor, thrilling entertainment, and a true occassion to throw on a gown or black bow tie.
Still not sure? Read our top 10 reasons below to learn why a 12/31 wedding date will be one for the books!
1. You’ll have all of your friends and family with you to ring in the New Year.
New Year’s Eve is one of the most exciting nights of the year, but really, how many of us get to spend the evening with all of our favorite people? Here’s the perfect opportunity! Photo by J. Cogliandro Photography
2. You’ll start off the New Year with not only a kiss, but with your new spouse.
Consider how romantic it will be to kiss your brand-new spouse at midnight after just having taken your vows. It’ll be a night you’ll always cherish! Photo by Studio EMP
3. Champagne, confetti, and dancing into the wee hours are practically matter of fact.
The NYE toasts and festive fanfare will be focused on the happy new spouses. A good idea is to ask everyone to rise from their seats and join the new Mr. & Mrs. on the dance floor slightly before the stroke of midnight. Photo by Marc Royce Photography
4. Your bridal party can sparkle prettily in fabulous sequined gowns.
There are few opportunities for your closest girlfriends to get dressed up in such dazzling attire. Photo by Liz Banfield and Adrienne Page
5. Your shoes can be glittery, too!
You’ll truly fit the part of a princess at a ball. There’s no better time to slip on bedazzled shoes than on NYE, on your big day! Photo by Bob & Dawn Davis Photography
7. It’s a good excuse to include a fireworks show (or any other special entertainment).
You can probably get around the typical noise complaints or other regulations on this holiday. Photo by Simone & Martin Photography
8. Metallic color palettes work perfectly with the season.
You can really up the ante and go on full gold and/or silver overload. Or, you can just as easily keep the décor simple with this royal color scheme. Photo by Liz Banfield and Adrienne Page; Linens by Nüage Designs
9. The chilly temperatures can make for memorable wedding portraits.
“Baby, it’s cold outside” is right! Make the most of it and take incredible photos in the snowy or rainy weather. Photo by Aaron Delesie Photographer
10. Wedding favors will be easy to select.
Mini champagne bottles, personalized wine bottles, glitter-dusted desserts, the list of options are endless with items that your guests will truly enjoy. Photo by Studio EMP