The big day has arrived and you’re finally getting ready to walk down the aisle and marry the love of your life. Due to careful planning, there is a set itinerary and schedule so you know when your hair and makeup should be done, when to have your “first look,” as well as when and where to take pictures with the bridal party. If you’ve been reading advice on InsideWeddings.com, you probably also have an emergency kit stocked with medicine, stain remover, deodorant, and more. With all of this preparation, you are certain everything will go perfectly – there’s even a backup plan in case of weather! However, there still may be a detail you have forgotten. More likely than not, it’s something listed below.
- A steamer. As careful as you are likely being with your bridal gown and veil, there’s still a chance for unexpected wrinkles. Plus, your bridesmaids might not be as careful with their dresses as you are.
- Pre-ceremony meals. You likely thought of providing brunch for those getting ready with you, but depending on the time your vow exchange occurs, lunch may be necessary as well.
- A sound system. Maybe you’re getting ready in a home with a stereo already there. More likely, hair and makeup is being done in a hotel or bridal suite. Find some portable speakers that you can plug a phone, tablet, or MP3 player into so everyone can relax and/or get hyped up with some tunes.
- Straws. Whether for mimosas or water, you don’t want to have to stop sipping once you have lipstick on!
- Alone time. You probably made sure to carve out some time during the big day to spend with your new spouse, away from the crowds. However, you may want to find a few minutes to decompress by yourself, since the whole day will be filled with loved ones.
- Breath mints. You want to have fresh breath both for kissing your sweetheart and for talking to guests. Gum is a no-no because you don’t want to be caught chewing it in your photos or wedding video.
Photo by Lauren Gabrielle Photography; Floral Design by HeatherLily