Getting down on bended knee is no easy feat: making the decision to propose marriage to your significant other is an exciting and anxiety-inducing practice. Women typically receive a shiny ring when the question is popped, but there has not been a societal push to present the groom with some sort of nuptial marker or gift. As of late, however, giving the man in your life a token post-engagement is becoming increasingly popular.
If you’re stuck on what to get your hubby-to-be, consider our list of suggestions!
- A ring of his own. Though it isn’t the custom, some brides – such actress Anna Camp – have been giving their guys engagement bands. Depending on your groom’s sense of style, this may be the gift for him: you can sift through various designs and engrave a sweet and meaningful word or phrase inside. It’s a lovely way to equalize your partnership and excite the both of you for the journey to come!
- An engraved tie clip. If you want to go with more traditional men’s formalwear, an elegant new tie clip that he can wear on the big day is an excellent present. Like an engagement or wedding band, engraving personal sentiments is easy these days. This way, he’ll have a private favor from you throughout the day to remind him of your shared bond.
- Personalized travel accoutrements. He’ll love a gentle reminder that your honeymoon is right around the corner! Luggage tags, passport cases, or travel wallets with his name in bold calligraphy across them will spark his imagination – it is a great way to start the all-important conversation of “where shall we go first?”
- An initialed decanter. To prepare for the toasts and fêtes thrown in your honor, consider getting your spirit aficionado a decanter. Of course, this gift can be used in your marital home time and time again, so in a way, you’re investing in your future dinner parties!
- Custom coasters. Modern technology has made it incredibly simple to order gorgeous coasters bedecked with special words, sayings, and pictures. You can browse anything from rustic to new age: create them for his office or den, or simply a special collection to match his kitchen mugs.
- A monogramed knife kit. If your groom is a handy man – or fancies himself to be – a sophisticated knife kit may be the way to go. You can keep simplicity in mind with a standard pocketknife, or you can search for kits that offer a wider variety of items for everyday use.
- A long date night designed with him in mind. Regardless of who usually plans your couples retreats, perhaps the greatest gift you can give him is a day of fun for the both of you to celebrate. Plan activities that the two of you have been dying to try: skydiving, bungee jumping, even just the wine and painting class that your friends have been raving about. The key is to relax and have fun: you’re both about to begin the wedding planning process!
Get further gift inspiration from these sophisticated groom's gifts, stylish presents to give your bridesmaids, and registry gifts that you'll both love. Find more gift ideas here, and be sure to browse these luxurious gift items.
Opening photo by Chung Li Photography