Photo by Samuel Lippke Studios
Pleasing everyone on your wedding day can feel like an impossible task. This goes for the music as well, but luckily playing a wide variety of genres at the reception will tend to make sure each guest is happy for at least a few minutes. In honor of the upcoming royal wedding, popular streaming service Spotify is revealing the top 10 songs from wedding playlists globally.
Whether you’re looking for the soundtrack to your ceremony, an option for your first dance, or adding to the “must play” list you are providing your band or DJ, we have a feeling at least one of these tracks will be heard on your big day. In fact, chances are high that one of these tunes has been a part of just about every wedding you’ve been to in the past year – maybe more! Even Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will likely take their turn on the dance floor to one of these tunes, although the Ed Sheeran songs might be performed live by the Englishman himself.
1. Ed Sheeran – "Thinking Out Loud"
2. Bruno Mars – "Marry You"
3. Ed Sheeran – “Perfect”
4. Whitney Houston – "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)"
5. John Legend – "All of Me"
6. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – "Uptown Funk"
7. The Temptations – "My Girl"
8. Christina Perri – "A Thousand Years"
9. Train – "Marry Me"
10. Daryl Hall & John Oates – "You Make My Dreams"