Wedding planning is famously stressful. After all, for most people it is the biggest party they’ll ever throw, and it is of the utmost sentimental importance. The stakes are high! Family tensions can be heightened and there are a lot of people to worry about pleasing. There is also an immense amount of pressure to make it be the perfect day. While it might make sense to be worried about major categories such as vendor, food, and photography, there are plenty of aspects of the wedding that simply out worth stressing out over. Free your mind by letting go of some control over the below details. If any of these are actually a big priority for you, think through every part of the planning process to find something that you can relax about.
- Pre-wedding events. Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and rehearsal dinners can all be a great time, but they’re not the big day. If someone offers to plan one of these pre-nuptial fêtes, graciously take them up on the offer and enjoy having one fewer task on your to-do list.
- Bridesmaid dresses. Though a specific color may be important to the aesthetic you’re going for, the overall style will likely not make a huge difference. If you find yourself spending hours poring over different options for your bridesmaids to wear, just give them some loose guidelines and allow them to pick a look they’re comfortable in.
- Escort cards. They can be a darling detail at the reception and a fun way to express your creativity. However, if that sort of thing is not in your wheelhouse, there is nothing wrong with having simple cardstock and calligraphy for the escort cards.
- Bridal shoes. The right pair of shoes may complete an outfit on a normal day, but most of the time your beautiful gown will cover whatever is on your feet, unless you wear a shorter dress of course. Though we’re not suggesting you wear any old pair of shoes, simple and reasonable comfortable white or nude heels will get the job done if you find yourself unable to decide.
- Transportation. While you may need something to get you from point A to point B, specially rented transportation will probably only make it into one or two photos of your wedding album.