When people discuss bachelor and bachelorette parties, it’s phrased as the last night of being single, or the final opportunity to go wild. Although, except in the eyes of the law, you are not single if you’re engaged. Realistically, your “wild days” probably ended long before the proposal.
If you’re a groom who is not into the stereotypical levels of debauchery that are usually ascribed to bachelor parties, or you and your partner have agreed that strippers will not be part of the evening, rest assured that there are still plenty of fun ways to spend a night or weekend with your closest friends. We recommend letting your best man know if one of the below options would be preferable to you – otherwise he may plan a big Vegas blowout without knowing that you are uncomfortable with the idea.
Whether you simply do one of these activities or combine several for a full boys’ weekend, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
For the Sportsman:
- If your favorite team is in season, gather everyone to go to a game. Get box seats to make it more special and increase the party vibe. If it’s allowed in the stadium, be sure to tailgate as well.
- Hit the links for a round of golf with your buddies, and don’t be afraid to enjoy the sauna afterward.
- Have your best man get some novelty shirts and swing by one of those luxury bowling alleys.
For the Outdoorsman:
- A camping trip can be as adventurous or relaxing as you want. With beach or desert camping, you and your friends can sit around the fire with beer and hot dogs. Or go up to the mountains and plan a weekend full of hikes, fishing, or even rock climbing!
- If your wedding is taking place in the colder months, a trip to the snow for skiing or snowboarding allows you to have a sense of adventure and even burn some extra calories before the big day.
For the Gamer:
- Most metropolitan areas have video game lounges that can be rented out for private parties.
- Instead of playing your favorite first-person shooter, you can live it by going paintballing or participating in a laser tag tournament.
- Make your own Mario Kart by hitting up a go-kart track! Most usually have mini-golf and arcades on the premises, so you can expand on the day.
For the Epicure:
- Gather everyone to go to the best steakhouse in town and treat yourself to an elite dinner.
- A tour of a craft beer brewery is a great excuse to drink for free while still feeling like an activity. If you’re more of a hard liquor man, you can book a private tasting at a whiskey or scotch bar.